Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jessie & Steve are Married!



What a glorious day for a wedding! I was so glad when Jessie and Steve asked me to photograph their wedding. I grew up with Jessie's sister, Amy and have watched Jessie turn into the beautiful Bride she was on her wedding day. There were so many great moments from her wedding and I hope you enjoy what I am sharing with you today. Thank you Jessie and Steve for letting me be a part of your day!



While Jessie was getting ready, her Mom, Judy told me that the last time her tree had bloomed was when Amy had gotten married in May 2005.







Jessies' nieces', Natalie and Jasmine did a fine job as flower girls!











My trusty assistant for the day Parker Bloom, who is has a keen eye for detail, suggested I bring the guys under the bridge, when I saw the shot I was super pumped. I love that the boys got right into the shoot. They were a lot of fun to work with.














Steve's ancestor was a member of the army and used this sword during his waring years. It has become a tradition in the Ashton family to cut the cake with the sword when you get married. The sword almost didn't arrive in time for the wedding, but I don't think Steve could have imagined having the show go on without it!






The Getaway car was the same car that Jessie and Steve drove to their high-school graduation!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,
    I'm so excited to see some of your photos from Jess's wedding. They're wonderful (as expected). I've also got your blog bookmarked now so that I can check out your photography every now and then.
    Cheers!
    Lisa (Jessie's aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations to Jessie and Steve! Rachel, your photos captured the true celebration and happiness of their special day. Spectacular! Judy (my BFF since we were 8 years old in Ontario) just hooked me up to your site so that I could see the shots and I must say I am very impressed with all your work. Incredible sunset photo in Brooks. I do a little painting and that shot has inspired me. You are bookmarked and I look forward to following your work. Again, thank you for capturing Jessie and Steve's day so exceptionally. I'm sure they will treasure each and every photo.

    Barb Gilmore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously LOVE the different arrangements you use for photographing wedding rings! Not the usual "rings in the flowers"! Wish I could get married again, just so you could do my photos!

    PS, I am so enjoying going through your blog! This is my second night in a row. : )

    ReplyDelete