Monday, June 1, 2009

:: Medicine Hat Photographer ::

Photobucket

Good Morning Monday!

I have been stalking birds. I'm a nerd and I'm okay with it. No offense to other bird people by calling birding nerdy, but it kinda is. Just a little anyways. Birding is another newly acquired Brooks activity. Geordie regularly quizzes me on the which bird is making which sound, sometimes my head is buzzing with names and sounds that it's a little overwhelming and I want to stomp one foot on the ground in frustration and stick my tongue out at him. I love knowing what's going on in the neighborhood though and these birds are a part of my neighborhood.

The Killdeer could very well be one of my favorite birds out here, I adore their coloring and I just love their defense mechanism. For those who don't know, the mama bird fakes a broken wing when predators approach her nest to lure them away. She will keep on squawking and dragging her wing along the ground until you've totally lost interest in the eggs.

She was quite mad at me as I layed on the ground near her camoflaged eggs to capture her in a flap. You can see her eggs under her feet in the first image.

A little piece of educational bird information to start your week!

1 comment:

  1. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
    photographe professionnel animalier

    ReplyDelete