Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Dyck Family




I was lucky enough to get a call from the Pam and Tom Dyck last week to take their family portraits. It has been raining in Brooks a LOT lately so we made a loose plan to get together and as luck would have it the weather held and we were granted a beautiful day. I was pretty excited too because we have great family friends in Canmore, Bert and Marilynn Dyck and I got to photograph their family at Christmas AND these families are all related - as in Uncles, Son's, Cousin's Kids... there is always a 6 degree's of separation.




When I arrived at their place, which is a little ways out of town, Pam gave me a quick tour of the yard, it was a visual heaven, great barns, fences and tree's everywhere. I was pretty excited to get started. I asked if they had an old truck, and Tom said "yeah, but it's a piece of junk" as we rounded the corner to where it was, I was greeted by this beat up read beast. It was perfect.



Alexandria, Caitlin and Ryan were great models, they jumped pretty high for me, and in uniform height, I was impressed!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    I stumbled onto this page and am impressed with your photography. These are the kids and grandchildren of my cousin John. Great work.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete