Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mireille Stettler Designs



* NOTE: Over Blogging Ahead!

Mireille Stettler is my best friend, we met in our late teens when Mireille joined the Cross Country Ski Team that I was a part of and our friendship grew out of long ski trips and traveling adventures. Mireille is a recent graduate of the Fashion Institute of Design in New York City, she graduated with honors and has a portfolio collection that makes my mouth water. I have been begging her for a long time to let me photograph her dresses and it just so happened that it all came together last week when she and her boyfriend, Gabor, made the trek to Brooks, Alberta to catch the local rodeo.

I called Erika, a friend in town and asked if she would model for us and she happily (and thankfully for us!) agreed. We could not have found a better person to do the job, she fit everything perfectly and while she has never modeled before, we think she truly is a natural - don't you!







.



Mireille REALLY wanted to photograph this dress with horses, and I was not getting my hopes up. While we were waiting for a train to come (the train image is my favorite) a couple horses strutted over from their big pasture, it was as if they had gotten the memo.







1 comment:

  1. What a great shots, The train and the one with the window are my favorites

    Love you Okaa

    ReplyDelete