Friday, June 20, 2008

Road Trippin'

I have been on a great solo adventure this past week. Geordie and I headed to Cranbrook last friday for a friends wedding. As we were driving these BIG rain clouds were piling up above us, and we were worried about a soggy night in the tent that night and a soggy day for our friends' wedding. Luckily, it was just a soggy night in the tent and the clouds parted and our friends had a spectacular wedding day!

After the wedding, Geord took off on a great fishing adventure with his Dad and Brother in Saskatchewan and I turned my car west and headed to Rossland, Keremeos, Penticton, Salmon Arm and Golden for some visiting and mountain bike riding.



The craziest of the rain clouds that we saw!




I was pretty excited to visit my cousin Roger on his farm. Roger and his girlfriend Justine are learning to farm and will eventually take over this organic garlic farm in Cawston, BC. It was the highlight of my trip to spend some time with them and see what new path they are on. They put me right to work and I weeded potatoes and onions. Needless to say, I had a very sore back the next day.






Quinn is Justines son and boy does he have it good. Fresh food all the time and a lot of space to play in!


They planted some marigolds amoungst their onion crop and I thought the looked so pretty. Roger also told me they help keep the soil nematods away, some kind of bad bug.


Here's a sneak preview into some macro work I have been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment