Monday, March 2, 2009

:: Brooks, Alberta Photographer ::

Photobucket

This is Ed Abel and can you tell how excited he is?
We met Ed on Lake Newell this past weekend. As we were driving up to our ice-fishing area we passed Ed who had just caught a fish, it was pretty big. He told us if he caught something bigger he'd track us down. He probably said this because I had friends out this weekend, Chandra and Mireille and her sweet man, Gabor and they had never been ice-fishing before so when they saw the fish they jumped out of the truck and encouraged me to take a photo of them with the fishy. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say fishy?) ANYWAYS...(sorry my stories always get long. Geordie will often ask me to paraphrase in conversation) a few hours later Ed tracks us down and says he's caught the 'big one'. We headed back to their spot and checked out his 40" Pike. I'm not giving it justice with this photo, but I think his expression is awesome.

Olivia LOVES ice fishing and is an expert ice-scooper and loves to watch the smelts go down the hole.
Photobucket

I got a kick out of Sophies tracks and she tried to follow everyone from hole to hole. She worked hard walking along in her snowsuit.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Wow , what a fish, great story

    Okaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel - those are awesome. Olivia seriously looks hardcore in that photo! Great weekend!! We love you guys! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is Ed Adel thanks for the great story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coolest pic of Sophie ever! You amaze me Miss Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel,

    I went to high school with Geordie and we've met at a couple of functions. I was looking for a phone number to reach you - I'd love to try to book a session for photos of our daughter?! You are clearly amazing, I love the photos above! We're actually in Brooks this weekend, so I know it is very short notice, but I'm wondering if you would have some time? My cell number is 403-807-1244 if you have a moment. Hope to speak with you soon!

    Michelle (Villeneuve) Kiddine

    ReplyDelete