Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hermalize & Jan :: Brooks, Alberta Portrait & Wedding Photographer::

Okay, okay... I know you people are out there!!! :)
Thank you to everyone who has commented already (thanks Mom! so reliable :) Really, I would love to hear from you and would love to bring in a big bag to the food bank. Lets comment for cans!
(For every comment this week I will donate a can to the local food bank)

Photobucket

This is a portrait session that I have been excited about for awhile. I met Hermalize a few months ago and she said to me:
"We're waiting for Winter to arrive and then we'd love to get some portraits done."

This isn't something I hear often, it's usually the other way around, people waiting for summer, but check out how great winter is for outdoor portraits!

It's so great when people get into winter and it is such a great time to be out there in the crisp air getting great imagery.
Jan and Hermalize were so fantastic to work with and it certainly was not warm out there! They even laid on the ice for me, talk about great models! I had such a fun afternoon with them!

I know this is so wrong... so very very wrong... but I LOVE the cold. I love the sound of a crisp day like when it was -40C. The cars just crunching along on the snappy snow and the exhaust that just expands into giant plumes in the air. There is something so cozy about a cold day, and something special about it, I love the feeling of my nostrils seizing up when I draw in that first breath of freezing air. Of course there are downsides to the cold, like cars not being able to start, but that is another story....

Without further ado: Jan and Hermalize (Thank you for your awesomeness!)

I really like this one.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Can you say sweet!
Photobucket

I loved this location, and this series.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay - Cheesy or Cool? I can't decide:
Photobucket

These two are ridiculously happy!
Photobucket

Brrr....
Photobucket

Brrr.....Brrr... Brr.... Thanks for being such good sports!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. The winter collection...A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shots are beautiful, Rachel - you have a fabulous eye for composition - and I love the post-processing too - assume these are digital? Love them! So nice to see and share from afar....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the last one :) This year I am super digging snow images. Good thing since there is so much snow.

    Make it one jar of peanut butter :) purty please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the spirit of the shots, Rachel. Reminds me of Winnipeg winters. Which, oddly enough, I miss(but not that much).

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH.....these pictures make me SO HAPPY (in my best accent of course).
    :)
    great pics babe. as for the cheesy or cool shot - do you want my honest opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel!!

    I love these!!! Doesn't hurt that Hermalies is unbelievably beautiful and the two of them couldn't look happier...!!

    Oh, and I saw the cake - I laughed so hard! Sorry, but seriously - I thought it was AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete