Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Mom is Sixty

Photobucket

This is something I am not terribly proud of....
What? You don't get it... haven't you noticed the birthday cake?

Apparently I was making a cake for a 6 year old, not a 60th birthday.

Words that fumbled out of my Dad's mouth when he saw the disaster that had occurred in the kitchen was:
"Rachel, as soon as people know it's home-made they'll love it"
This said as I was waiting for some level of REAL reassurance that it wasn't THAT bad.
SO bad in fact that only two slices were eaten by the end of the night (and one by me) I actually thanked the guy who was eating the second piece and wanted to give him a hug in good spirit. Surprisingly the cake actually tasted quite delicious (if I do say so myself) but looks were fooling people. It did not turn out one bit the way I had envisioned.

ANYWAYS, cake aside, the party was out of control. I guess I need to get out more often because when the parents and their friends are killing it on the dance floor at 2am to The Rolling Stones and The Who and my bones are tiered, it's a little embarrassing.

My wonderful mother turned 60 on the 12th and our family friend Lorne, aka "Shorty" turned 60 on the 10th so the bash was a combined party and the house was full to the rafters with people and I think everyone had a sore throat from yelling over each other in conversation.

I have a pretty awesome Mom and a pretty awesome family and it was so nice to celebrate this brilliant event together.
I must also comment on the ridiculously great music selection that Geordie put together that kept people be-bopping around for hours!

Happy Birthday Again Mom!


Wee hours...
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo Corrie's birthday! The cake is awesome Rachel - a true gift from a kid to her mom!

    ReplyDelete