Monday, April 13, 2009

Lisa Ochowycz, artist extraordinaire :: Alberta Photographer ::

Photobucket

At long last! Happy Belated Easter everyone!

I am finally back from Vancouver. What an incredibly epic week it was. I almost wouldn't know where to start, so much happened.

A few of my favorite moments was running into an old friend David Myles at a coffee house in Kitsilano. I've seen David preform a few times in the past few years, but have never had the chance to catch up with time to spare while he's on the road. It was so lovely to have some time to catch up and so spontaneously it couldn't have been planned better. If you ever have the chance to see David live, DO NOT MISS! I was so shocked and obviously pumped when he told me he'll be playing in Brooks next year!

I also got to spend a day while I was in Vancouver with my brilliant artist friend, Lisa Ochowycz. I have known Lisa for years and years and was so glad to finally get the opportunity to check out her art and studio in the city. I am so proud of Lisa and her art and couldn't have had a better day with her as she pulled me around Grandville to her favorite Chai Tea stop hmmm.... and Indian food stall, double hmmmm... and then across the water to her studio.

You'll notice in all these photos at how happy Lisa is, this is her genuine expression since the day we met. I couldn't have asked for a better person to photograph. Be sure to stop in at her site and check out her portfolio!

Photobucket

I love exploring new areas!
Photobucket

Like I said... always smiling!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Vancouver was in full cherry blossom bloom when I was there, it was bright and sunny and touching back down on brown Calgary was a little (just a little) tough. I did see a robin her yesterday, so I have hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment