Friday, July 3, 2009

Dancing with lightning :: Alberta Photographer ::

Photobucket

Last night I was up at 2.30am dancing with the lightning. I woke up because I smelled smoke, just a little waft but it always makes me nervous to smell smoke so I decided to get up and check out the house. It was then that I heard voices outside and looked outside. The whole sky was lit up in a million different areas with lightning, it was every second and then crack. I quietly grabbed my camera and tried to sneak out of the house but I woke Geordie up. I moved around on our front lawn in front of Lake Newell snapping away at the lightning as it snapped back at me. When I felt it was getting a little too close I moved back towards the house and found Geordie watching from our front step. We sat there together for almost an hour watching the big lightning match in the sky and listening to cracks and booms before the rain poured down all around us. What a night!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rachel
    That is certainly the most impressive lightning shot I have ever seen. Thank you for this capture!
    I am only an amateur photog, (I get lucky from time to time with pics) and I have a question for you. I am not sure if there is a photo club in Brooks, I hope there is. If there is, or if there is not, I have just joined the BAPS board of directors and I am going to suggest to them we have a gala photo exposition weekend at a location in town. We could perhaps charge a small admission fee, and have framed (or unframed pics) up for viewing and also take orders for framed prints, all to benefit BAPs. I have enough decent pics for it, I think, and hopefully we can find more experts and amateurs to add to the list. I understand it is your profession, and it may help you drum up business as well. I would like to hear what you think about the idea...
    I am at vikinglander@hotmail.com
    Christian

    ReplyDelete